Sunday, December 24, 2017

Happy Holidays!

I can't believe it will be 2018 when I see my students again.  The first half of our school year has really flown by quickly.  I continue to reflect on how lucky I am to work at Washington Elementary with all of your students.  It truly is a privilege to share our experiences in 1st grade with you.  I'll make this post brief to get back to my own family to celebrate this holiday time together.  Want to see just how fun these last few weeks have been in 1st grade, check out the photo slideshow here.  I compiled all of the photos from our journey with Scott as well as Grinch Day!  Thank you so much for making both experiences so engaging.  Your donations made them a great success.

We celebrated two more birthdays this month!  Happy 1/2 birthday to Erik and Josephine!

Meet Reed

Last week Reed was our Star Student in 1st grade.  Reed is full of energy and enthusiasm.  He loves to give me a hard time about the Bison and the Jackrabbits which always makes me giggle.  A fun fact about Reed is that he has two little brothers.  One of them is a Bison fan and the other a Jackrabbit fan! 

Meet Leah
This week Leah was our Star Student.  Leah is one of the most compassionate 1st graders I have ever had.  She wants to be a mom when she grows up and her compassion will come in handy!  Thanks for helping two substitute teachers this week when I was home with sick children, Leah!

Upcoming Reminders:

December 23-January 2: Winter Break
January 8: Reading Medalist Program Begins (Information letter will come home)
January 12: AIMSweb Testing
January 12: Book Orders Due!


No comments:

Post a Comment