Sunday, October 23, 2016

A field trip & Celebration!

Good Evening! I just wanted to upload a couple of photos that were taken last week.  We ventured to MSUM to attend Poco Fuego, a steel drum show.  The students enjoyed the musical performance, and as usual, the Washington 1st graders behaved exceptionally.  In fact, just as we were about to depart from the bus back to school, the bus driver stopped all three classes and said "In all the years I have driven 1st graders, you are the best behaved students I have ever had on my bus!"  Mrs. Volrath, Mrs, Elkins and I must have beamed with pride!  We are so lucky!








This week we also got in the Halloween spirit.  We painted a special buddy in class!  We made our own Frankenbuddies!  I spent some time over the break hanging up these adorable paintings in our classroom!  Stop in and see them soon as they are unique and adorable!


Finally, we wrapped up the weekend with our first celebration!  The students wore PJ's and brought games to share.  They spent the last 45 minutes of the day playing!  While they were playing I observed sharing, reading, counting, teamwork, and much more!  Never underestimate the power of a classic board game!




That's all for now!  This week will be fun as we explore everything PUMPKIN in science!  I'll upload more photos and be sure to share the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment